Due to several factors, we are postponing the Great Stokesville Campout for 2022. Look for us again next year!
Rest assured, the Coalition will continue our work in the George Washington National Forest. We believe in accessible trails for a wide range of people and want to share our love of these mountains and our trails with many more people.
We love our little corner of the world, and the Campout (formerly the festival) has always focused on sharing. We share what’s special about our mountains, trails, and Forest with you and many others.
Stay tuned for how you can be more involved in efforts to advocate for and contribute to trail planning efforts in the GW Forest. The Coalition works to improve access to our public lands and ensure everyone can enjoy trails and the outdoors as part of daily life. The Stokesville area always has and will continue to serve as a critical access point to the Forest.
The Great Stokesvill Campout originated in 1997 as the Shenandoah Mountain Bike Festival and has always been and remains volunteer-run. The Campout is the largest fundraiser for the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition (SVBC) proceeds from the Campout help the Coalition fulfill our mission to Build Better Communities in the Valley. The Campout is held at the beautiful Stokesville Campground on the edge of the George Washington National Forest.
- Current Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition members receive a discount on their Campout registration. Join or Renew Today!
- All Campout attendees must register, even if they do not plan to ride bicycles. The Stokesville Campground is open ONLY for our registered Campout guests.
- Sign up Online NOW
- There will be NO REFUNDS all proceeds benefit the Coalition.
- A weekend of riding, trail work (maybe), great food, better people, trails, and bonfires.
- Group rides Friday afternoon through Sunday.
- All proceeds benefit the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition.
- The Stokesville campground is in the heart of the George Washington National Forest, 20 miles southwest of Harrisonburg and 20 miles northwest of Staunton, Virginia in beautiful Augusta County.
- The Campout is a 100% volunteer Campout. Meaning 100% of participants volunteer. Sign up for your volunteer slot today! Email Scottie Pendleton
Questions? Please Contact Us
- View the 2021 Ride Schedule
- Riding is why many of us are at the Campout, and we have plenty of amazing trails for you to explore and group rides to join.
- Take a look at area trails on MTB Project and Trail Forks
- More information about Stokesville Campground: Click Here
- RV Sites: Includes: 30 Amp electric plus water/sewer hookups (These can be reserved site-specific when you register)
- Tent sites are first come, first serve.
- Bathrooms with flush toilets and hot showers are both available.
- The campground will be open as part of your Campout registration from 10 am Friday – 5 pm Sunday. You can stay additional nights by contacting Stokesville Campground.
- There are also plenty of fun activities for everyone around the campground, including a playground for kids, bonfires, and miles of trails and gravel roads for folks who want to ride bikes, hike, or run.
- The trail and road riding around the Stokesville Campground and in the George Washington National Forest are beautiful and challenging.
Directions: Use Google Maps
- A Bowl of Good
- Clementine Café
- Cuban Burger
- Friendly City Food Co-op
- Local Chop & Grille House
- Radical Roots