10/8 9:00am UPDATE- Online Registration is CLOSED but we still have plenty of room for registration. You can register at the festival pavilion anytime this weekend. We hope to see you out there. If you have any last minute questions about registration then please contact Jason Burch ([email protected])
19th Annual Shenandoah Mountain Bike Festival
October 9-11 2015 – Stokesville, VA
Thanks to our head lining sponsors
Ritchie Vaughan & Kline May Reality and Three Notched Brewery.
The Shenandoah Mountain Bike Festival originated in 1997 and has since become a highlight of Virginia’s fall cycling scene. The Festival is the largest fundraiser for the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition (SVBC) the funds from the Festival help SVBC achieve our goals of promoting, educating and increasing cycling awareness in the Shenandoah Valley. The Festival is held at the beautiful Stokesville Campground, a spectacular venue with mountains as a backdrop and riding right out the gate.
The festival is a 100% volunteer festival. Meaning it is put on 100% by volunteers and 100% of participants volunteer. Sign up for your volunteer slot today! Email Thomas ([email protected]) your volunteer position!
You can make a donation to the SVBC National Forest Trail Fund during your online registration process (below), or right here:
The trail and road riding around Stokesville and in the George Washington National Forest is beautiful and very challenging. When you ride from the Festival location expect plenty of gravel roads, county paved roads, Forest Service fire roads, endless single track trail riding and big old fashion mountains.
During the Festival weekend there is plenty of time to experience the great riding in the area and the opportunity to camp and meet fellow cyclists. An important component of the Festival is giving back to the trails of the National Forest. The two trail work sessions over the weekend have become the largest volunteer trail work projects in the North River Ranger District. The trail work sessions are a great opportunity for those wishing to learn about trail maintenance and wanting to give back to the trails we all use.
There are also plenty of fun activities for everyone around the campground including a playground for kids, bonfires, and miles of gravel roads for folks who want to ride bikes but don’t want to go mountain biking. We hope you will join us for the great riding, trail care, friendships and fall foliage.
- Weekend of riding, trail work, eating and hanging out
- Group rides starting Friday afternoon through Sunday
- All proceeds will benefit the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition
- Stokesville, VA is in the heart of the George Washington National Forest 25 miles southwest of Harrisonburg, Virginia
- All riders are welcome…there is plenty of room for camping
- This is an all volunteer event, so it would be splendid if you would volunteer. And it’s fun! Volunteer sign-up coming soon.
Require more info? Then contact Jason Burch at [email protected].
- There are over 100 volunteer slots that need to be filled to make the festival work. Please volunteer at least one slot so we can make the festival a success. Even if you can not make the Festival there are opportunities to volunteer. Here is the volunteer list: 2015 Volunteer Needs for the Shenandoah Mountain Bike Festival.
For more info or to volunteer contact: Thomas Jenkins: [email protected]
- Riding is why we are at the Festival. SVBC provides many groups rides over the weekend, please feel to sign up for a ride when you get to Stokesville. SVBC is also looking for ride leaders over the weekend to help with these rides. Here is the ride schedule: Shenandoah Mountain Bike Festival 2015 Ride Schedule
For more info or to volunteer contact: Sue George [email protected]
How to Register:
- Sign up Online NOW and save all of us some time, trees, and sanity.
YOU WILL HAVE TO SIGN IN AT THE CAMPGROUND EVEN IF YOU ARE PRE-REGISTERED!!
- Pre-Register by Mail:
- Download form: 2015 Pre-Register Festival Form
- Print and fill out the forms (Registration and Waiver)
- Make checks payable to SVBC
- Mail to SVBC-Festival PO Box 1014 Harrisonburg, VA 22803
- Register on Site at The Festival
- Price Increases on September 19 and then again on October 1.
- There will be NO REFUNDS but the money will go to a good cause – The trails you love and ride.
- Kids 12-16 years of age 1/2 price, Under 12 free
- There is a discount if you are a SVBC member. Join today to support the cause and save on registration Join TODAY!
- Single Day Fee:
- SVBC Members: $30(pre)/$40(on-site)
- Non-Members: $40(pre)/$50(on-site)
- 12 to 16 year olds $15
- Includes rides, lunch snacks, dinner, no camping (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday)
- Two Day Fee:
- SVBC Members: $60(pre)/$80(on-site)
- Non-Members: $70(pre)/$80(on-site)
- 12 to 16 year olds $25
- Includes rides, one dinner, lunch snacks, one breakfast, one night camping (Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday)
- Weekend Fee:
- SVBC Members: $80(pre)/$100(on-site)
- Non-Members: $900(pre)/$110(on-site)
- 12 to 16 year olds $35
- Includes two dinners, two breakfasts, lunch snacks, all rides, two nights of camping, and whole lot of fun (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- There is plenty of camping available for those registered
- Good well water
- Bathrooms available
- Primitive Shower available and a great river bath!!
- The campground will be open from 1pm Friday-6pm Sunday
From I-81 take exit 240. Follow Rt. 257 to Bridgewater. Take a left on Rt. 42 south, cross the bridge leaving Bridgewater and turn right onto Rt. 727. Follow to T and turn left staying on 727. Follow to stop sign, turn left onto Rt. 730, and follow to Stokesville. After passing the Stokesville Store take your next left on left on Rt. 718 and cross over the Iron Bridge. The Stokesville Campground is immediately on your right.
Many thanks to our awesome sponsors. Please support those business that support the Festival!!
Beer Garden and top sponsors!
- A Bowl of Good
- Clementine Café
- Cuban Burger
- Friendly City Food Co-op
- Hank’s Smokehouse Grille & Bar
- Local Chop & Grille House
- Radical Roots