Registration for the 2017 Festival Closes on Wednesday, October 4
21st Annual Shenandoah Mountain Bike Festival
October 6-8 2017 – Stokesville, VA
- Click to View 2017 Festival Schedule
- Click to View 2017 Festival Ride Schedule
- View 2017 Festival Volunteer Needs
The Shenandoah Mountain Bike Festival originated in 1997 and is 100% volunteer orchestrated. The Festival is the largest fundraiser for the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition (SVBC) the funds from the Festival help the Coalition achieve our goals of Building better communities in the Vally in part by improving our trails in the National Forest. The Festival is held at the beautiful Stokesville Campground.
The festival is a 100% volunteer festival. Meaning it is put on 100% by volunteers and 100% of participants volunteer. Sign up for your volunteer slot today! Email Scottie Pendleton ([email protected])
The trail and road riding around Stokesville and in the George Washington National Forest is beautiful and challenging. When you ride from the Festival location expect plenty of gravel roads, county paved roads, Forest Service fire roads, endless single track trail riding and big old fashion mountains.
During the Festival weekend there is plenty of time to experience the great riding in the area and the opportunity to camp and meet fellow cyclists. An important component of the Festival is giving back to the trails of the National Forest. We will hold a SINGLE trail work sessions on Saturday. This trail work session has become the largest volunteer trail work project in the North River Ranger District. The trail work session is a great opportunity for those wishing to learn about trail maintenance and wanting to give back to the trails we all use.
There are also plenty of fun activities for everyone around the campground including a playground for kids, bonfires, and miles of gravel roads for folks who want to ride bikes but don’t want to go mountain biking. We hope you will join us for the great riding, trail care, friendships and fall foliage.
- Weekend of riding, trail work, eating and hanging out
- Group rides starting Friday afternoon through Sunday
- All proceeds will benefit the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition
- Stokesville, VA is in the heart of the George Washington National Forest 25 miles southwest of Harrisonburg, Virginia
- All riders are welcome…there is plenty of room for camping
- This is an all volunteer event, so it would be splendid if you would volunteer. And it’s fun! Volunteer sign-up coming soon.
Require more info? Then contact Jason Burch at [email protected].
- There are over 100 volunteer slots that need to be filled to make the festival work. Please volunteer at least one slot so we can make the festival a success. Even if you can not make the Festival there are opportunities to volunteer. Here is the volunteer list: 2016 Volunteer Needs for the Shenandoah Mountain Bike Festival.
For more info or to volunteer contact: Scottie Pendleton ([email protected])
- Riding is why we are at the Festival. SVBC is looking for ride leaders over the weekend to help with these rides. Stay tuned for the 2017 ride schedule. In the meantime, you can view the: Shenandoah Mountain Bike Festival 2016 Ride Schedule
For more info or to volunteer contact: Sue George [email protected]
How to Register:
- Sign up Online NOW and save all of us some time, trees, and sanity.
YOU WILL HAVE TO SIGN IN AT THE CAMPGROUND EVEN IF YOU ARE PRE-REGISTERED!!
- Register on Site at The Festival
- Price Increases on September 6 and then again on September 22
- There will be NO REFUNDS but the money will go to a good cause – The trails you love and ride.
- There is a discount if you are a SVBC member. Join today to support the cause and save on registration Join TODAY!
- There is plenty of camping available for those registered
- Good well water
- Bathrooms available
- Primitive Shower available and a great river bath!!
- The campground will be open from 1pm Friday-6pm Sunday
From I-81 take exit 240. Follow Rt. 257 to Bridgewater. Take a left on Rt. 42 south, cross the bridge leaving Bridgewater and turn right onto Rt. 727. Follow to T and turn left staying on 727. Follow to stop sign, turn left onto Rt. 730, and follow to Stokesville. After passing the Stokesville Store take your next left on left on Rt. 718 and cross over the Iron Bridge. The Stokesville Campground is immediately on your right.
Many thanks to our awesome sponsors. Please support those business that support the Festival!!
Beer Garden and top sponsors:
- A Bowl of Good
- Clementine Café
- Cuban Burger
- Friendly City Food Co-op
- Local Chop & Grille House
- Radical Roots