Helmets Required. And, for insurance purposes, so is SVBC membership after an initial guest ride.
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED for all SVBC Rides!
Sunday Funday Ride on Bluestone Trail 4pm-5pm
Always the third Sunday of the month.
Description: All kids and adults are welcome, at any skill level, pace and age. Please bring your bike, a helmet and some friends! Gracious host, Bluestone Bike & Run, will do bike and helmet safety checks. We will ride on the straight-a-way from Purcell Park to Stone Spring Road and back. Do the course 10 times or .5 times. It’s up to you! Hot beverages will follow at Bluestone Bike and Run. Cancellation will happen only if the weather is terrible…slight rain is ok!
Pace: Very casual, up to each rider
Length: About 1 mile, but up to each rider how far they want to ride.
Location: Ride participants meet at Bluestone Bike & Run, 1570 S. Main Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22801.
Contact: Becky Johnston, [email protected] or (540) 564-7388 or checkout the Facebook Event for the Ride
Bikes for Refugees Bicycle Repair Workshop
Always the first & third Wednesday of each month.
Description: Volunteers wrench together to create functional, reliable bicycles to donate to refugees to commute around Harrisonburg. We have all the tools, parts, and bikes there; just bring yourself and clothes that can get greasy. If you don’t have much mechanical background, we also need help taking apart broken bikes, organizing, recycling and test riding the bikes.
Time: 5:30-8:00 PM on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday.
Location: Build-A-Bike Workshop behind Gift & Thrift and Artisan’s Hope. 820 Mount Clinton Pike, Harrisonburg, VA 22802.
Contact: Ritchie Vaughan ([email protected]) or Matt Hassman ([email protected])
Weekly Rides and Trail Work
- Massanutten Mondays, 5:30 pm
- Description: Social intermediate mountain bike ride.
- Pace: Steady, moderate pace.
- Length: 1.5 – 2 hours.
- Location: Meet at the Massanutten Western Slope parking lot.
- Ride Leader Contact Information: Mike Bowen [email protected] (540-246-6081) and Jonathan [email protected] (540.746.4359)
MONDAYS: Post-kid bedtime night ride. ALL are welcome.
Monday, 8:30pm…1-1 1/2 Road ride into Rockingham County.
Length: 1-1 1/2 hour road ride with a little social time afterward.
Pace: We usually average around 15 mph, the goal is to ride as a group and have fun.
Location: Shenandoah Bicycle Company 135 South Main St
Ride Leader Contact Information: Thomas Jenkins [email protected] or 540-236-2001
Tuesday evening Waynesboro loop, 6:00 pm start.
Description: This social “no drop” road ride will leave from downtown Waynesboro and enjoy the bucolic countryside. This ride is perfect for people starting out or getting back to riding. We will regroup after hills and make sure everyone gets home safe.
Pace: The overall average will be between 14.5 and 15.5 depending on terrain and the group.
Length: 20 to 25 miles, a little over an hour and a half.
Start and Finish: The Arch Ave. Parking Lot at the corner of Broad and Arch in Waynesboro. (Near the fire house)
Ride leader: Email, Randall Wolf or call with questions 914-960-3725
- Tuesday Night “Fast Ride,” 5:30 pm
- Description: This is a “drop” road ride, but you will often find the group waiting up for some folks as the terrain and flow of the ride permits. However, there is no guarantee that the group will wait for you if you fall off the back. Generally, the group does not lose more than 25% of riders.
- Pace: The ride averages close to 20mph, sometimes less depending on the hills.
- Length: About 2 hours.
- Location: Meet at Shenandoah Bicycle Company.
- Ride Leader Contact Information: Email Kyle Lawrence. or Call with questions 571-277-8121
- Women’s Road Ride, meet us near the skate park at Westover every Tuesday at 5:30 pm
- Description: Group bike ride for the ladies.
- Pace: Slow/moderate
- Length: 1.5 – 2 hours
- Location: Westover Park (parking lot near the skate park)
- Ride Leader Contact Information: Kari Carpenter at 540-578-2364 or [email protected] and Marcia at 540-432-3312 [email protected]
- Social Road Ride, 5:15 pm (SHARP)
- Description: This is an intermediate, social road ride. No headphones.
- Pace: Pace is “social,” 12 – 14 mph, with no one dropped.
- Length: Between 20 and 30 miles, or 1.5-2 hours.
- Location: Meet at HHS on 1001 Garbers Church Road.
- Ride Leader Contact Information: Marcia (540) [email protected]
Staunton Women on Wheels (WOW) Ride 6:00pm
- Trail Work, 5 pm – 8 pm Starts at Massanutten on May 4th, 2017.
- Description: Weekly trail work building and maintaining the trails at Massanutten Western Slope.
- What to Bring: Bring gloves and good trail work attire. SVBC will supply tools and drinks.
- Location: We will begin working on completing the trail around the pond. The gate will be to drive to the pond will be open.
- Trail Work Leader Contact Information: Thomas, [email protected] or 540-236-2001.
- Thursday Steady Road Ride, 5:30
- Description: This is a group ride of about 30 miles with an average speed of 17-18mph. This is not a no-drop ride, so it is helpful to know your way back if you fall off the pace. Multiple Routes and riders should be prepared to ride on dirt roads.
- Length: +/-2 hour ride. 30-40 miles
- Location: Meet at Rocktown Bicycles.
- Ride Leader Contact Information: Chris Michaels, 540.689.0070 and Kelly Paduch
([email protected]) or ([email protected])
- Friday Fatty Mountain Bike Ride, 2:00pm
- Description: A group mountain bike ride that explores the inner depths of the George Washington National Forest
- Length: 3-4 hour ride on backcountry trails of intermediate to advanced terrain.
- Location: Leave (drive/carpool) from Shenandoah Bicycle Company
- Ride Leader Contact Information: Tim Richardson, 540-209-0086 [email protected] or Sue George,[email protected]
- Sunday Bridgewater Road Ride, Going on an extended summer vacation. This ride will start up again in August. Please join the Harrisonburg Sunday ride below until then.
- Description: Social intermediate road ride. No one is dropped. This is a ride for those that can ride at an intermediate pace and up to 60 miles. Check this webpage each Saturday for weekly for updates.
- Pace: Faster than Wednesday’s social ride and slower than Thursday’s steady ride.
- Length: 3-4 hours.
- Location: Leaves from Bridgewater’s Wildwood Park, West Bank St.
- Ride Leader Contact Information: Rich Harris, harrisra (at) jmu (dot) edu or 540- 810-5127
- Sunday Harrisonburg Road Ride. For now, we are meeting every Sunday at 9 AM.
- Description: Casual road ride, Sundays throughout the year. Check this webpage each Saturday for weekly updates.
- Pace: Casual-pace; nobody gets dropped.
- Length: Usually 20-40 miles; occasionally more.
- Location: 745 S. Dogwood Dr. in Harrisonburg.
- Ride Leader Contact Information: Carl Droms, dromscg (at) gmail (dot) com or 540-908-7806
Ride Leaders: Need Waivers for your rides? Group Waiver and Individual/minor waiver