Helmets Required. And, for insurance purposes, so is SVBC membership after an initial guest ride.
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED for all SVBC Rides!
Sunday Funday Ride on Bluestone Trail 4pm-5pm
Always the third Sunday of the month.
Description: All kids and adults are welcome, at any skill level, pace and age. Please bring your bike, a helmet and some friends! Gracious host, Bluestone Bike & Run, will do bike and helmet safety checks. We will ride on the straight-a-way from Purcell Park to Stone Spring Road and back. Do the course 10 times or .5 times. It’s up to you! Hot beverages will follow at Bluestone Bike and Run. Cancellation will happen only if the weather is terrible…slight rain is ok!
Pace: Very casual, up to each rider
Length: About 1 mile, but up to each rider how far they want to ride.
Location: Ride participants meet at Bluestone Bike & Run, 1570 S. Main Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22801.
Contact: Becky Johnston, [email protected] or (540) 564-7388 or checkout the Facebook Event for the Ride
Bikes for Refugees Bicycle Repair Workshop
Always the first & third Wednesday of each month.
Description: Volunteers wrench together to create functional, reliable bicycles to donate to refugees to commute around Harrisonburg. We have all the tools, parts, and bikes there; just bring yourself and clothes that can get greasy. If you don’t have much mechanical background, we also need help taking apart broken bikes, organizing, recycling and test riding the bikes.
Time: 5:30-8:00 PM on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday.
Location: Build-A-Bike Workshop behind Gift & Thrift and Artisan’s Hope. 820 Mount Clinton Pike, Harrisonburg, VA 22802.
Contact: Ritchie Vaughan ([email protected]) or Matt Hassman ([email protected])
Weekly Rides and Trail Work
- Massanutten Mondays, 5:30 pm Begins again on March 13, 2017
- Description: Social intermediate mountain bike ride.
- Pace: Steady, moderate pace.
- Length: 1.5 – 2 hours.
- Location: Meet at the Massanutten Western Slope parking lot.
- Ride Leader Contact Information: Mike Bowen [email protected] (540-246-6081) and Jonathan [email protected] (540.746.4359)
Post-kid bedtime ride. ALL are welcome. Begins again on Monday March 13 as a road ride
Monday, 8:30pm…1-1 1/2 Road ride into Rockingham County. Post kids bed time ride but all are welcome.
Length: 1-1 1/2 hour mtb ride when dry at Hillandale then drinks afterwards
Location: Shenandoah Bicycle Company 135 South Main St
Ride Leader Contact Information: Thomas Jenkins [email protected] or 540-236-2001
- Tuesday Night “Fast Ride,” 5:30 pm Will start up again in March, 2017
- Description: This is a “drop” road ride, but you will often find the group waiting up for some folks as the terrain and flow of the ride permits. However, there is no guarantee that the group will wait for you if you fall off the back. Generally the group does not lose more than 25% of riders.
- Pace: The ride averages close to 20mph, sometimes less depending on the hills.
- Length: About 2 hours.
- Location: Meet at Shenandoah Bicycle Company.
- Ride Leader Contact Information: Email Kyle Lawrence. or Call with questions 571-277-8121
- Women’s Road Ride, meet us near the skate park at Westover every Tuesday at 5:30 pm Will begin Tuesday April 4, 2017
- Description: Group bike ride for the ladies.
- Pace: Slow/moderate
- Length: 1.5 – 2 hours
- Location: Westover Park (parking lot near the skate park)
- Ride Leader Contact Information: Kari Carpenter at 540-578-2364 or [email protected] and Marcia at 540-432-3312 [email protected]
- Social Road Ride, 5:15 pm (SHARP) Begins on March 15, 2017
- Description: This is an intermediate, social road ride. No headphones.
- Pace: Pace is “social,” 12 – 14 mph, with no one dropped.
- Length: Between 20 and 30 miles, or 1.5-2 hours.
- Location: Meet at HHS on 1001 Garbers Church Road.
- Ride Leader Contact Information: Marcia 540 (dash) 432 (dash) 3312 or mlamphier (at) harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Staunton Women on Wheels (WOW) Ride 6:00pm
- Trail Work, 5 pm – 8 pm To begin in March 2017 at Hillandale Park
We will be working on the middle section of the “Lairds Knob Downhill Trail”. We will be building a new portion of trail to provide alternative access to last year’s project, “Lairds Nose”.
- What to Bring: Bring gloves and good trail work attire. SVBC will supply tools and drinks.
- Location: Meet at the Massanutten Pond (you can drive in through the guard house gates) and then follow pin flags in the back of the park by the trail kiosk. If you’re running late, you can meet us on the trails.
- Trail Work Leader Contact Information: Thomas, [email protected] or 540-236-2001. Also you can contact Marshall Hammond with [email protected]
- Thursday Steady Road Ride, 5:30
Begins Thursday Night March 16 2017
- Description: This is a group ride of about 30 miles with an average speed of 17-18mph. This is not a no-drop ride, so it is helpful to know your way back if you fall off pace. Multiple Routes and riders should be prepared to ride on dirt roads.
- Length: +/-2 hour ride. 30-40 miles
- Location: Meet at Rocktown Bicycles.
- Ride Leader Contact Information: Chris Michaels, 540.689.0070 and Kelly Paduch
([email protected]) or ([email protected])
- Sunday Bridgewater Road Ride, Sunday March 26. No ride this week.
- Description: Social intermediate road ride. No one is dropped. This is a ride for those that can ride at an intermediate pace and up to 60 miles. Check this webpage each Saturday for weekly for updates.
- Pace: Faster than Wednesday’s social ride and slower than Thursday’s steady ride.
- Length: 3-4 hours.
- Location: Leaves from Bridgewater’s Wildwood Park, West Bank St.
- Ride Leader Contact Information: Rich Harris, harrisra (at) jmu (dot) edu or 540- 810-5127
- Sunday Harrisonburg Road Ride. For now, we are meeting every Sunday at 9 AM.
- Description: Casual road ride, Sundays throughout the year. Check this webpage each Saturday for weekly updates.
- Pace: Casual-pace; nobody gets dropped.
- Length: Usually 20-40 miles; occasionally more.
- Location: 745 S. Dogwood Dr. in Harrisonburg.
- Ride Leader Contact Information: Carl Droms, dromscg (at) gmail (dot) com or 540-908-7806
Ride Leaders: Need Waivers for your rides? Group Waiver and Individual/minor waiver