WTF WEDNESDAY RIDE!
- Description: The Coalition’s WTF Wednesday ride is a no-drop-friendly road ride for the femme, trans, non-binary, and women cyclists in our community. Come prepared with enough water and snacks bring at least a rear blinkie light (charged!) and enough tools to fix a flat. It is easy to get intimidated by Strava data (whether that’s the route distance, elevation gain, or average speed). We try to cater our pace and route to whoever shows up to the weekly ride (regardless, we typically ride ~25 miles give or take at a 12-15mph pace). If some folks want to ride a longer route, we will always provide alternates and may even split the group to accommodate different goals or paces. Our priority is first and foremost to connect with new FTWNB cyclists and safely enjoy the paved and gravel roads of Rockingham County.
- Time: 5:30 pm on Wednesdays
- Pace: The ride averages a steady (12-15mph) pace
- Location: Meet at Waterman Elementary School parking lot.
- Length: About 2 hours and we will often cover 20-25 miles.
- Ride Surface: We’ll mostly stick to pavement, there may be occasional bits of well-maintained gravel that we will use to keep off of busy roads.
- Regroup Points During Ride?
- Ride Coordinator Information: If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to ride coordinator(s): Jess Daddio: @jessdaddio 540-247-0998 / Amanda Presgraves – @amandapresgraves 571-241-2952 /
- Additional Info: View a sample route on Strava