While the Western Slope of Massanutten is owned and operated exclusively by Great Eastern Resort, there are trail-specific for-profit uses that are allowed on a case by case basis.
Bicycle Demo Days
Given the Western Slope’s close proximity to Harrisonburg and dense trail network, it has become a popular place for Bicycle Shops and Brands to host demo days. If you are interested in hosting a demo day, please follow the below guidelines to obtain permission for your event.
- Obtain prior approval from Great Eastern Resort Management (GERM) and coordination of dates.
- GERM Point of Contact – Kenny Hess
- Communicate with the Coalition to ensure trail visitors will know the date and specifics of the event. Email us
- Certificates of Insurance from bicycle company hosting demo naming Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition and Great Eastern Resort Management, Inc. as additionally insured and the date of the demo.
- Donation to the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition – Minimum $100 Can be made online: SVBCoalition.org/donate
- If interested in running shuttle runs up Del Webb permission MUST be obtained prior to the demo.
- Every attendee must complete Great Eastern Resort Management Risk and Release Waiver unless they already possess a trail pass for the Western Slope Trail System.
- Coordinate with Kenny Hess to have gate unlocked/open if the desire is to set up around the pavilion.